Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vintage Inspired Altered Tin

A co-worker gave me this tin to "recycle" and this is what I came up with.  I used the Deck the Halls DSP from the Holiday Mini.  LOVE that paper.  I used Crystal Effects to adhere the main pattern to the tin and smoothed it out with the bone folder to get rid of any air bubbles.

The bottom of the tin got a coordinating sheet from the same DSP pack.  The top of the tin has a stip of 1/4" grosgrain old olive ribbon and then I added the Basic Pearls all around the edge.

The image is from the Artistic Etchings set.  I Stamped the Effiel tower in Early Expresso.  Then used the round graphic image all over the background in Crumb Cake.  I took the Crown and the Key stamps and stamped randomly in Old Olive.  The edges were sponged with chocolate chip and then I dabbed it in little splotches to make it even more vintage.  What really blended the whole thing together is a top coat of Modge-Podge glue.  It blended the colors and really gave it the vintage look I was going after.  As a finishing touch I used the Photo Corner punch and popped them with dimensionals and added the smallest Basic pearls.  Fill with jewelry, candy or other small gifts and it becomes an amazing gift box.  Or simply set it out on a dresser filled with odds n ends.  Enjoy!

No comments: