Thursday, December 31, 2009

Metal Flowers

I used a combination of silver and gold embossing powder to make these flowers from the Vintage Vogue (occasions mini) set look like metal.  They are a lot more "artsy" then I usually do.  But I'm pretty happy with the results.  The card base is sahara sand.  I then used the versamark pad on  a roughly 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch square black cardstock.  Cover completely with embossing powder and heat to set.  Do the same with a slightly smaller square cardstock.  I used silver on one and gold on the other.  Then carefully tear along all four edges to reveal some of the black card stock underneath.  The flowers are from the vintage vogue set - I used black card stock - stamped with versamark and used a little bit of silver - dumped in back and then did the rest of the image in gold.  I did this two times and cut them out.  Punch a hole in the center and add the designer circle brad all the way through both square layers and the flower.  This will help the glue to stick and stay together.  Add two rows of 1/4 inch black grosgrain ribbon to the bottom.  I used a little scrap of natural hemp twine on the bottom black ribbon to add a little extra.  Using the Modern label punch add your sentiment and then ink the edges with either black or brown.  I used the soft suede from the in-colors.
The picture came out really dark.  But if you look at the picture below you can get some better detail.
 
Here's the close up of the flowers so you can see how much they look like metal.  I also used a designer circle brad in the center to really show off the metal look.

No comments: